Wednesday, October 21, 2015

2015 National Endurance Sport Summit


Presenting at the National Endurance Sports Summit,
Princeton, University, 10/2015 (L-R: Kat Longshore, Me)
In October I was fortunate to be invited as part of a panel at the National Endurance Sport Summit hosted at Princeton University. My panel companions were colleagues from the Department of Sport and Exercise Psychology at Temple University, and we presented on the use of mindfulness methods to enhance the running experience. Attendees and fellow presenters were a hardy lot of adventure racers and ultramarathoners. It was very moving to be with such an inspired and deeply passionate, spiritual, and giving group of athletes. As my part of the panel I led a progressive relaxation meditation, complete with Tibetan singing bowl. I closed the meditation with guiding the participants through memories both happy and peaceful. I enjoy awakening in myself and others the calm that can be found in all of us.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It did. I took people through a guided meditation that seemed impactful based on their sharings afterwards.

      Delete